Kerala Style Chicken Curry - without coconut (Nadan kozhi curry)

Hi Jane! Recipe looks great! Do you use fresh or package ground ginger and ground garlic?

If you can grind fresh ginger and garlic into a paste, that would be the best. Or else you can use store bought ginger garlic paste.

Thanks a lot. It was my first try at cooking and it turned out really good

Thanks for trying it out, Sinu :)

Hey Jane, can you post a recipe for dragon chicken

Sure, Thanks for the request, Shine. Added to my list :)

awesome!!

Jane! This was amazing. Normally my naadan curries don't get that flavour. But this recipe tasted exactly like how my mum makes it. You are a rockstar.

Great to hear that, Gayathri. You made my day!!

Thanks, Jane! I made this for my wife and she likes it even better than her mom's chicken curry!

Thanks a lot for trying it out, Jibu :)

How much oil and salt approx please tell me

Hey, you might need around 4 tbsps of oil approximately. Add salt according to your taste. You will need around 3 tsps or more.

Can you manage a big restaurant in the US ....? please respond to me ASAP glenwills42@gmail.com

My first attempt ever at cooking! A grand success!! Thanks a lot Jane!!

Thanks Anupam. Great to hear that :)

It's been almost 3 yrs post delivery that I have come back to cooking with an interest. Wanted to make the chicken curry my mom taught me and was browsing when ur blog caught my eye. This Is and easy and fast recipe whn we have less time on our hands. I was even more surprised whn I saw ur pic at the bottom. Thanks and hope u remember me. Will be back for more recipes.

1 Like

I was alone with my grandad for Xmas vacation So there wasn't anyone to cook for us. For 3 days we've been eating out and it's taken its toll on us. So,finally I took initiative to cook a meal and so I needed a recipe that fits my culinary expertise which is below amateur. So as any one I checked online and found your recipe . Long story short I now know how to cook a complete meal. Thank you for a simple yet elegant recipe. I am now one of a few males in my family who know how to make a "nadan kozhi curry"

I was alone with my grandad for Xmas vacation So there wasn't anyone to cook for us. For 3 days we've been eating out and it's taken its toll on us. So,finally I took initiative to cook a meal and so I needed a recipe that fits my culinary expertise which is below amateur. Just like most people I checked online and found your recipe . Long story short I now know how to cook a complete meal. Thank you for a simple yet elegant recipe. I am now one of a few males in my family who know how to make a "nadan kozhi curry"

1 Like

Thanks Gifta and Sachin for trying it out! Gifta, Yes remember you :) Sorry that I missed your message.