Soya Chunks Masala Dry

Soya chunks cooked in chilly and spices. This soya chunks masala dry / stir fry recipe is a healthy and tasty side-dish. Goes well with rice, chapathi and any Indian breads.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.alittlebitofspice.com/soya-chunks-masala-dry-recipe
2 Likes

@Jane: I'm sure it tastes good, however, depends on perspective whether its healthy or not. In the paleo world, soya is avoided like the plague ;)

tasted really good!!!... the only issue was the smell of the soya :( i just couldn't take it so added a few cinnamon sticks and cloves while cooking...:)

@cherian :D dnt u smell the food bfre devouring it??

I bet Cherian gets to eat a completely different meal each day! When are we invited?

@Jane chechi : I sauted it for a long time, my soy never turned black..why so ?

@Gomathy, As required, add bit of oil in between.. It will definitely turn black.

The image of this dish only did the trick.. I plan to prepare it today. Can you elaborate further on the process of marinating. When you say marinate, do we have to mix spices in the water or ..

You don't need to add water while mariantion. Before marination, we just squeeze out water from soya chunks. So soya chunks will be bit wet.

HiJane. I tried this recipe yesterday. Although the outcome was tasty and chikenish, it didnt attain the black color as there in the pic. Also, its after-chewing-taste was a little bitter because i used ginger in excess. All in all, a nice dish..

Thanks for the recipe, Jane. It came out really well :-)

Jane- the recipe was grt- i loved it and the outcome superb. Good work gurl- keep it up :):):)

Shikha, To get the black color, add oil and saute it for longer time. Thanks Aparna and Michelle :)

I soaked the chunks in vegetable stock rather than water the second time, which gave them a fuller flavour, and took away some of the soya-ey flavour. Excellent recipe though - I bet I'll be making it again and again.

Thanks Keir, I will give a try with vegetable stock.

Half a teaspoon of smoked paprika powder at stage 3 is also nice...

Jane soya chunks ans soya nuggets are the same right?

Jane soya chunks ans soya nuggets are the same right?

yes, Donna. Both are same.

Thanks Jane