Carrot and Dates Cake (Without butter)

Hi. I am really fond of baking and I can't wait to try this one.

What if I want to skip the caramel process?

Hi Neha, I would suggest adding caramel. Caramel flavor complements the cake really well. I have always added it.

I like dates carrot cake made by navya bakers very much.Am from thrissur.So I searched for the recipe and found yours.I made it and it came out well like what I want.Thank you for the recipe

I'm so happy to hear that you liked it. Thanks for trying out my recipe :)

I made this and it was delicious! So glad I stumbled across your recipe. I added a cream cheese frosting :)

Thank you so much! Glad to hear that you liked it. Cream cheese frosting would have made it more yummy!

I tried the recipe and it turned out to be moist and super delicious.thank you so much for the recipe.I added 3/4cup multigrain Atta and 1/4 cup,still it turned out soft.

Thanks a lot for trying it out! Happy to hear that you liked it :) I have never tried replacing All Purpose Flour with Wheat flour. Next time, I will try it out. It makes it much more healthy :)

Oh my! This cake is so good!! I have never baked with carrots before - I didn't think I'd like the outcome. The caramel in the cake is such a brilliant idea! Thank you for sharing!

PS: I will share my version on the blog and link back to you - maybe by the weekend. :)

Thanks again and have a lovely week!

Thanks Jhuls! Would love to see your page with the recipe link.

Temperature plz..?

Preheat the oven to 350F or 180C. Bake the cake at this temperature.

I found this recipe today because I have a glut of carrots we've been trying to use up! Great recipe, thank you so much! I made them into 10 muffins, 180C with fan for 20-22 minutes, middle shelf of my oven. Love the caramel in the batter - they came out a beautiful, rich dark colour, and so soft and moist. I also substituted the eggs for 2 flax eggs, so this recipe can be vegan =)

Quite interesting! I have the exact same recipe in my friend's blog,ATasty Challenge.blogspot.com. even the method is described in the exact same words.She Wrote the recipe in 2010,and I am pretty sure that it was before u started urs.It is ok to be inspired by other bloggers,but show the courtesy to mention it somewhere in ur post.Again,a wonderful recipe,tried it at least 10 times .

Thanks Melissa. Liked the idea to replace eggs with flax eggs and make it vegan. Thanks for mentioning it.

Josephine, I have mentioned the blog ,ATasty Challenge in the recipe. Thanks.

That is very nice of you! Wishing you the very best !BTW,love your photos.

It is very rare to find people like you who are ready to accept something wrong n rectify it with a good heart.Stay well n hoping to see some great recipes here.

I made this cake and it turned wonderful :heart:It’s a keeper :sparkles::smiley:

Loved this one Janechechi… made it twice and second time I made the caramel a bit more runny and on the bitter side as you suggested. It was yummy!!

1 Like