Carrot and Dates Cake (Without butter)

I’m not a big fan of carrot cake. But this super moist cake changed my mind. The combo of carrot, dates, and nuts make it a heaven! It’s a quite healthy cake, and easy to bake too. Inspired by Dates cake at Navya bakers in my hometown, Aluva. Adapted the recipe from http://atastychallenge.blogspot.com/. Hope you will like it 🙂

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.alittlebitofspice.com/carrot-and-dates-cake-without-butter-recipe

Love this cake and the long cake tin! Makes the perfect slices. Sadly you only get the bread loaf tins here :'(
Will give this a shot soon!

Thanks Nandita :) I think it should be available in Blore. Check out JAMAL in Forum Value Mall and also IBCA's outlet.

I haunt Jamal's no luck so far :D

Love the pics. The step by step recipe makes it so easy to follow!

Thanks Indu :)

Looks so yummy... want to make it but wondering if the eggs can be substituted and with what? Thanks! :)

Titli, Sorry about that. I haven't checked whether eggs can be substituted. I will let you know, once I find it out.

Wow, ​this looks delicious yummy am making this cake and am saving the recipe in my o Pinterest!!

Thanks Esmeralda. Let me know how it turns out for you :)

Cake is really good.i made exactly.to ur recipe. But sinks in middle.i bake a lot..but tastes really good. Can u help me.

Really yummy cake.thank you for the recipe

Thanks Tintu!

I am so happy to see this recipe as i love this cake from Aluva. We get it here in Bangalore during Christmas time and we will be waiting for this cake to come!! Thanks Jane. Though I am a newbie in baking, I would definitely try out this one out :-)

This is an easy recipe, even a newbie can get it right! Try it out and let me know how it turns out :)

Thanks for trying it out, Tania. Great to hear that it worked out for you :)

Hi Jane, I tried this recipe yesterday and it was a 'blockbuster'. My family and friends loved it! Thanks for sharing this recipe.

Thanks a lot for trying it out Jis!

Hi! Just made this today. I tried out only a half batch, just a little cautiously. Tasted wonderful. Will definitely be making this again. Thanks for your recipe! :)

Thanks Anee! Thanks for trying it out :) Happy to hear that it worked out for you.