Pork Fry (Nadan Pork Ularthiyathu - Kerala Style)

Hi...this is the frst time i made pork curry.It came out pretty good nd my husband loved it.Thanks.Hope to try more of ur recipes

Thanks for trying it out, Sruthi!

Thanks for this tasty receipe.Chandini

Thanks a lot for trying it out!

Tried this today .The main attraction was the simplicity and common ingredients used. Many of the American friends who tasted it were impressed . I was impressed by the taste of the meat brought out by the simple spices used.Good recipe.

Thanks a lot, Sethu! Thanks for trying it out.

Good one.The whole family enjoyed.

Thanks a lot, Sethu :)

Kidilan! 💜

1 Like

Thanks a lot, Basil! Happy to hear that you liked it.

l tried it with little modification as grated coconut was not to family taste and shallots were not readily available.
Used Two cups of finely chopped onions and half cup finely chopped tomato in the masala. When masala and meat was mixed added One and a half teaspoons of pepper powder and perum jeerakam powder to it and then mixed well in the pan itself and cooked after adding 2 table spoonful water and mixing again. Kept stirring it in between.
Came out real delicious!!!
Thank you Jane for the nice guidance!

1 Like

Thanks for trying out my recipe Suresh! Glad to hear that your family liked it with the twists :slight_smile:

Tried this recipe last night and it was great. My wife who doesn’t eat much pork, liked this so much.

Thank you!!

1 Like

Thanks a lot for trying out my recipe :slight_smile: Happy to hear that you impressed your wife :slight_smile:

Thank you so much for the recipe. I don’t eat pork, but I made this for two of my friends who visited this week. It tasted great!!
Thanks for recommending cooking the pork first in a cooker, that simplified the whole process.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot for trying it out :slight_smile: Great to hear that your friends loved it.

Hi Jane,
In your recipe, your instruction to pressure cook the meat for 1-2 whistles. I have an Instant Pot. How many minutes would that be?

Hi Rebeca,
In Instant Pot, cook on MANUAL HIGH-PRESSURE setting for 2 minutes.
Once the timer goes off, do a NATURAL PRESSURE RELEASE or a QUICK PRESSURE RELEASE after 10 minutes.

Came across this while searching for something simple to cook with Pork during forced bachelor days , came out pretty pretty well and was very easy to make , tried it with Kerala Porotta from local Indian store .

Thank you very much Jane , sometimes its difficult to make as the author intended in recepie but this was the best attempt I recently had. Now looking forward to try your other creations

Thanks a lot for trying it out! Happy to hear that you liked it. Can you post a picture when you make it next time?