Mushroom Masala Curry with Coconut (Indian Style) Recipe | A Little Bit of Spice

Mushroom cooked in spicy coconut gravy. An improvised version of Kerala theeyal preparation with mushrooms. This quick, delicious Mushroom masala curry /Mushroom Theeyal goes well with rice, chapathi, and any Indian breads.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.alittlebitofspice.com/mushroom-masala-curry-with-coconut-indian-style-recipe
1 Like

Tried it for breakfast with Neer dosa. Was yummy!
Doubled the recipe and added ground onion instead of chopped ones.

1 Like

Please post more vegetarian dishes. Eager to try them out!

Great to hear that! Thanks for trying it out :slight_smile:

Thanks! Will definitely do :slight_smile:

As a Keralite, I’d say this is authentic and heavenly tasting! If you use oyster mushrooms (whole, don’t cut), it will look like a meat masala curry dish! Perfect for vegetarians and vegans.

Please add another section in the Ingredients list for the garnishing ingredients. I got shocked that I didn’t prepare those when I got to step 15. Anyway I skipped the garnish because the taste and smell of the curry was making me crave it with rice immediately!! I’d say the garnish would be great for photos but otherwise optional. :slight_smile:

Look at this beauty:

1 Like

@Arun_Das Thanks a lot for trying it out and posting picture! Happy to hear that you liked it…