Lemon Yogurt Cake (Without Butter)

This cake has a perfect moist texture and an amazing lemon flavor. Lemon Pound cake from Starbucks inspired me to try out this easy and delicious recipe from Ina Garten (foodnetwork.com). Hope you will like it 🙂

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.alittlebitofspice.com/lemon-yogurt-cake-without-butter-recipe

hello Jane, Can I use coconut oil as opposed to vegetable oil? what do you think?

I haven't tried. But I think you cannot.

Hello all! Was your lemon loaf airy & light?

Made this today. Yummy! Texture is just like Starbuck's Lemon loaf. Taste is AMAZING! Thank you for sharing. I did have a bit left over Lemon Zest and I put in in the glazing.

Thanks for trying it out! Great to hear that you loved it :)

Can i use greek yogurt in place of whole milk?

Cheri, I haven't tried with greek yogurt. But I think it will work but may not give exactly same texture as Whole milk yogurt.

The best lemon cake recipe! I was worried because of it not having butter but the yogurt keeps it beautifully moist. I just found your recipe last week and have made this twice so far. It's amazingly refreshing. My family (and neighbors, because they came over for dinner and dessert yesterday) raved about it! I didn't substitute anything, I followed all instructions and it's been perfect both times. The only thing I did the second time was to cut back on the lemon juice for the icing. I made the icing a little thicker but still pourable. Thanks so much for this!

Thanks a lot Danielle! I'm really happy to hear that your family loved it.Thanks for trying out my recipe.

Great recipe !. Baking my second cake now with a few tweaks as using a larger round tin and found the first one a bit flat. Finger crossed that I get it right. Found I didn’t have enough syrup the first time round and as this gives the cake a delicious kick I will definitely make more this time.

1 Like

Can I double this recipe and use a bundt cake pan instead of the loaf pan? What other adjustments are needed? What about baking time?

1 Like

I have tried the same measurements with loaf pan and 8 inch round pan. Haven’t tried with double quantity.
But usually if the batter takes just 2/3 rd of any pan, cake comes out fine for me. That’s the only rule I follow. And can’t comment on exact baking time. I would definitely check at 50 minutes in this case and then based on how much the cake is done at that time, I would bake for extra time.

Tried this recipe. It came out really well.

1 Like

Thanks Joyce :slight_smile: