Kerala Style Chickpea / Kadala curry

Chickpea simmered in coconut milk with ginger-garlic and spices. Brown Chickpea is mostly preferred for this recipe. Puttu with kadala curry is a comfort breakfast for any Malayalee. It can also be served with Idiyappam, Appam, Porotta and any Indian bread.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.alittlebitofspice.com/kerala-style-chickpea-kadala-curry-recipe

a yummy combination for breakfast. i prepared this many times..

Yes, it is :)

Jane, this steps photos are icing on your blogs ... keep going with the step wise photos

Lovely. We just loved it. ..thankyou
Send some more such nice recipes

Thanks a lot :)

Tried this for weekend morning breakfast with puttu, yet again a mouth watering recipe! Reminds me of home with every bite I take! :blush: my fam loved the nadan kadala curry :heart_eyes:image

1 Like

Thanks a lot for trying out my dishes, dear :slight_smile:

Hi @JaneJojo,

I want to start off by saying how much I love your blog. My boyfriend is South Indian and your recipes have allowed me to cook some of his favourites from home.

I’m making your Kadala Curry recipe tomorrow and I’m not so experienced with using a pressure cooker. I’m a little unclear on whether I should be adding water to the pressure cooker with the chickpeas and spices. If so, how much should I add?

1 Like

Thanks a lot for trying out my recipes. Do post ur pictures in the comment section of the recipes, if possible.
I have edited the chickpea curry recipe with more details. Add chickpea with the rest of soaked water into the cooker along with turmeric powder, chilly powder, and salt (ingredients listed under Pressure cook). Make sure that chickpea drowns in at least 1 inch of water above its level. So, if needed add extra water accordingly.