Kerala Style Beans stir fry with coconut (Beans Thoran)

Kerala style beans stir fry with coconut, garlic and green chilly. A simple and healthy dish that can be served with rice. It’s also called as “beans upperi” in the central part of Kerala. One of the side dishes for Kerala Onam Sadya 🙂

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.alittlebitofspice.com/kerala-style-beans-stir-fry-with-coconut-beans-thoran-recipe

I love beans prepared this way!

Try it out, Richa! It tastes great with white rice :)

sdfs fsdf sdfsdfsdf sdfsdfsdfsdfsdf

thank u

Thanks. I was searching for simple easy to cook kerala recipes.

Great to hear that you are liking it :)

Thank you .... it's really nice simple and easy...superb

Thanks a lot for trying it out, Ramya!!

Tasty Kerala style beans thoran. I overdid on the coconut, but turned out pretty well.

1 Like

@Jithin_Emmanuel Thanks again for trying out my recipes and posting pics :slight_smile: Happy to hear that you are enjoying them :slight_smile:

Thanks for the recipe. I added the coconut mixture before the bean and it turned out burnt although I cooked on Sim. Are you sure coconut is not after beans?

Hi Arun, Sorry to hear that. Stir coconut mixture constantly; otherwise, there’s a good chance to get it burnt. If you plan to keep the thoran for 3-4 days in the refrigerator, it’s better to saute the coconut mix and then add the beans. But, if you are going to finish it off on the same day, you can add coconut mix after adding beans too. I hope this will work out for you.