Kerala Egg Curry With Coconut Milk (Nadan Mutta Curry)

Thanks for the compliments Tony. Please post a picture, if you can.

hi… we tried making coconut milk but it doesn’t come out good… if you have recipe for the same, please share.

This is my go to recipe for egg curry now. Reliable and tasty every time. Thank you

1 Like

Thanks for trying out my recipe, Anju! Can you post a picture next time?

Sorry for the late response. I have updated recipe notes with instructions on making coconut milk. Preparation of coconut milk - Grind 1 1/2 cup grated coconut with 1/2 cup luke warm water. 1/2 cup thick coconut milk can be extracted from this. Luke warm water helps you to extract coconut milk well.
Grind the same coconut with 1 cup luke warm water. 1 cup medium thick coconut milk can be prepared from this.

1 Like

Great recipe Jane! Everyone at home really liked the dish.

I doubled the recipe and adjusted the seasoning to my family’s liking. (Prepared with 10 eggs)
Clean plate recipe! :smiley:

Please do post more vegetarian recipes!

1 Like

Thanks a lot, Sneha! Can you post a picture? Happy to hear that you liked it.

Hi, just wanted say this is an amazing recipe, I doubled the recipe for our family it was fantastic and also easy to do.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot! thanks for posting the picture :slight_smile:

Very nice recipe. Tried today morning and had with Puttu for breakfast. Yummy.

Thanks for the recipe.

Thanks a lot! Thanks for posting the picture.

അപ്പൊ തേങ്ങാ പാലിന് മുൻപ് വെള്ളം ചേർക്കേണ്ടെ?

First we add medium thick coconut milk. You don’t have to add water before that.

Thank you for this awesome Kerala-style recipe…a wonderful taste of home!

1 Like

Thanks a lot! Can you upload a picture?

Lol, I wish I could. But it was gone too fast for me to take a pic! :rofl:

Will try it today. But coconut milk is must? Water is okay instead?
Just lazy to make coconut milk, or I never did before.

You won’t get the same level of taste with water. Here’s something you can try if coconut milk is not available. You can substitute thin coconut milk with regular cow’s milk and thick coconut milk with heavy cream.

Ive been reading your recipes and trying them out for some time now. I must say that they have all turned out pretty well. Thank you so much for sharing your labor of love with us <3

1 Like

Thanks a lot @joannag90!! Do share your pics next time :slight_smile: Enjoy :slight_smile: