Instant Pot Indian Beef Curry

An easy peasy Instant Pot Indian beef curry recipe, well flavored with spices. An authentic Kerala style beef curry pressure cooked in an Instant Pot. It goes well with chapati, parotta/paratha, pathiri (rice bread), any rice variants ( pulao, ghee rice, regular rice), appam (rice pancake) or any other Indian breads. This curry works out well for Paleo/Gluten-free/Keto lifestyle. It can accompany low carb cauliflower rice.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.alittlebitofspice.com/instant-pot-indian-beef-curry-recipe
1 Like

I tried it and came out very well. Very tasty! Thanks Jane!

1 Like

Thanks for trying it out, @jincy_joseph Can you contribute a picture? Happy to hear that you loved it :slight_smile:

Yet to try this recipe. Curious to know…how is instant pot easier to use than a regular pressure cooker? Is it the cleaning, cooking time ? I understand it is multi purpose…On the fence about buying one :slight_smile:

1 Like

You won’t regret it, I’m sure. Cooking in Instant Pot is much more comfortable. Like in a regular cooker, you don’t have to count the whistles. In an Instant Pot, once it finishes the programmed time, it goes to the Keep Warm mode. In short, your presence is not needed, once you have scheduled the time. Cleaning is much easier. Cooking time is slightly less than the regular pressure cooker.

1 Like

Thank you for the response. Marry Christmas!

Merry Christmas!! ha ha …typos

What type of Mixi/grinder/blender do you use to wet grind? I’m having a tough time trying to buy one.Please help. Thanks

My son who is just starting to cook and dabble in following recipes tried this recipe out. I was there to provide support. Really easy recipe and the result was excellent. I don’t use the Instant Pot a lot, but now I will use it more after seeing how easy and the wonderful results.

Added a few potatoes and carrots as I like to eat vegs with my meat.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for trying it out!! Happy to hear that you liked it.

This came out very well, absolutely delicious. I transferred to a wide shallow pan at the end to reduce the gravy on the stove top. Went together well with “mother’s” brand line pickle :slight_smile:

Super recipe works very well in 6qt instant pot.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for trying it out and uploading the pic!