Chicken Adobo - Filipino style

Filipino style chicken cooked with soya sauce, vinegar, garlic and pepper. An easy peasy recipe that can be prepared with very minimal ingredients. You can either make a dry adobo or a gravy. A great side dish with white rice.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.alittlebitofspice.com/chicken-adobo-filipino-style-recipe

I loved the recipe.Hope mine turns out to be as good as it looks here.Fingers crossed.

Jane.. Whenever I add water to make it with bit gravy I start losing the flavour of spices

In this recipe, if you feel like losing the flavor, you can add soya sauce, vinegar and pepper at the end too. Be careful while adding those especially soya sauce. To make the gravy thicker, add corn flour.

My aspiring Chef of a young nephew and I made the recipe, with a few tweaks. We added green seasoning (a sofrito of sorts) to the marinade. Allowed the Chicken and Marinade to sit overnight, browned the Chicken, afterwards we added the marinade back to the sauteed chicken. Allowed the Dish to simmer. We prepared rice, and cheese broccoli. The dish was tremendously delicious.**