Cauliflower / Gobi masala

Cauliflower fried and sauted in spicy masala gravy!! It goes well with Roti or any other Indian bread or Pulao.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.alittlebitofspice.com/cauliflower-gobi-masala-recipe

looks good for chappathi. let me try first for better comments..

Try it out and lemme know how it turns out for you :)

i might be the most laziest cook in the whole world. LOL. I made your recipe in a different style. I didn't go to the ends of frying like you did, as yours would be more tastier obviously. And I didn't have the crusher for crushing ginger or garlic. So except the onions and cauliflower, I grinded it using tomato as base in a mixer. And then added a little water to take the paste out. Then almost everything is same as you did. It came out really well.

I am not wasting time uploading my photos because it will not come anywhere near ur lovely cuisine.

I am also based out of CA, but at Irvine. Thanks for the amount of time you spend on cuisine, it makes life for me easier to cook without much hassles!! :)

Thanks a lot for trying it out, Bejoy :)

Hi! It looks very tempting....

It's very tempting. I am craving to try this recipe, so can you please tell me how you fried the cauliflower first? deep fry or shallow fry? were the florets deeply covered in oil for frying?

Thanks Preethi. I did shallow fry, just to get light crispy touch to the cauliflower. Try it out and let me know how it turns out for you :)

How long do you fry the cauliflower?

I did shallow fry for around 7 minutes to give a crispy touch to the cauliflower. Let me know how it turns out for you :)

i just made this , haven't tasted yet .

will come back once i have tasted it

Hope you liked it. Thanks for trying it out :)

Hello from London. I was looking for a simple and interesting recipe for gobhi and found yours here. We made it yesterday and I couldn’t believe how delicious it came out. Even though my husband and I are from different cultures (Kerala meets Punjab), we never tried a lot of other different styles to make vegetables like cauliflower. We will definitely try your other recipes. Thank you.

20180502_201457

1 Like

Thanks a lot for trying out my recipe :slight_smile: Thanks for posting the pic!