Beef Fry - Kerala style Beef Ularthiyathu with Thenga Kothu

Whenever I feel to make beef fry I look for this recipe .Its very simple to follow and turned to be very delicious like my mom used to make. Thanks for this beautiful recipe.

Thanks a lot for trying it out, Saju! Happy to hear that you liked it.

Thanks for posting! If I donā€™t have the dried red chilly, can I use chilly powder instead? What is the equivalent of 7 dried chillies?

Yes, You can substitute dry red chilli with chilli powder. You can add around 2 tsp chilli powder. At the end, if you want it more spicy, add pepper powder. Thanks.

Awesome recipe!
Loved it very muchā€¦
Many thanks Jane!

image|641x500

Hi Shyam,
Did you try uploading a picture? Itā€™s not showing up. Can you try once more?

I tried this for easter lunch and it came out well. An awesome dish. My hubby really loved it. Thanks Jane!

1 Like

Thanks a lot for trying out my recipe :slight_smile: Happy to hear that you liked it.

Hi! If you are using the instant pot to pressure cook the beef how long should I set it for? Iā€™m not sure how long 2 whistles correlates to in the instant pot. After would it be natural release or quick ?

In Instant Pot, I keep it for 2 minutes. Once it goes to keep warm mode, I switch it off and then go for natural pressure release. For beef curry, I keep it for 8 minutes.

Hi Janeā€¦ I tried it for the first time and it came out very well. Thanks from United Kingdomā€¦

Thanks a lot for trying it out :slight_smile: Happy to hear that you loved it.

Which part of beef will be best for this??

thanks so much for this recipeā€¦It was simple and tasty

looks bloody marvelous, must give it a go, although I am useless cook :slight_smile: Thanks Jane.

Thanks God Bless you this is an awesome receipe turns out very good appreciate