Instant Pot Indian Beef Fry Recipe | How to make Beef Fry | A Little Bit of Spice

A Little Bit of Spice
Instant Pot Indian Beef Fry

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.alittlebitofspice.com/instant-pot-indian-beef-fry-recipe

Loved it. Was looking for an instant pot recipe with clear instructions. Not hard to make, my first ever (literally first ever anything)

1 Like

And that looks so perfect! Thanks a lot for uploading the pic :slight_smile:

Thanks for the receipe. Tried cooking pork for the first time. Tasted good as well

2 Likes

Thanks a lot for trying it out!

Hey, I have a silly question. What type/ cut of beef should I buy in the US to make the beef fry? I remember trying to make the beef curry ages ago and it was bland. It was unlike what it tastes in Kerala. Maybe I bought the wrong stuff?

Thanks!

1 Like

Always buy chuck roast from Costco. Costs nearly $5 per pound. The fat to meat ratio is perfect for a fry

My chuck roast pieces were a little larger than bite sized so I set it for 5 minutes. It still ended up chewy.

Should I play it safe and put it for 10-15 minutes next time?

Additionally, what other cuts of beef can I use? Does stir fry beef that’s available in some stores work?

Thank you so much for the recipe!

This recipe turns out the best when the beef pieces are 1.5" cube pieces. Or max 2" cube pieces (instead of 2 minutes, probably make it 3 minute in this case) Chuck roast pieces available in Costco, USA works out well with this. Beef can become chewy based on the quality/the particular beef cut too…

I made this the other day. Turned out pretty awesome, second time following this recipe, quite flavorful and tasty Kerala beef fry

1 Like

As a first time cooking beef ever, this recipe was a saviour!! easy to follow and tasty end result :smiley: thank you Jane

2 Likes

Thanks again for trying it out and posting the picture Jithin!!

Thanks a lot for trying it out and posting the pic, Anjana!!