Beef Biriyani (Kerala Style)

Thanks a lot for trying out my recipe! Happy to hear that you liked it. While layering the biriyani, I add 1-2 tsp ghee in every layer. But if you wanna cut down on ghee, you can avoid it. While cooking rice, the moment you don’t find any water at the top, you can switch off the pan. But keep it closed for another 10 - 15 minutes. By this time, water would be completely absorbed, and rice would be cooked. Open the pan and fluff the rice otherwise, rice will get sticky towards down the pan.

1 Like

Thank you so much Jane😍…u r my inspiration…

1 Like

Thank you so much for the recipe. Will definitely try. Just wanted to ask… In the layering does beef masala go as first layer or rice?

Beef masala goes in as the first layer

can you please show the recipe for mutton biriyani in kerala style

Replace beef with mutton in this recipe. It works :slight_smile: https://www.alittlebitofspice.com/beef-biriyani-kerala-style-recipe. I have tried it.

The best Biryani I’ve tried n I’ve tried a looooot of them… simply perfect !! Thank u for the amazing recipe!!!

1 Like

Thanks a lot for trying it out, @sstephen!! Happy to hear that you liked it :slight_smile: Can you upload a picture next time?

Awesome recipe Jane !! We all loved it. This was my first time making beef biryani ever and it came out so tasty

:+1:

1 Like

Thanks Anitha chechi!!

Thanks Jane
This turned out quite good
But the gravy base was not as red as show in the picture
Which masala brand do you use?

1 Like

Thanks Savio for trying it out!! Masala used in the recipe doesn’t really make it red…

I tried it yesterday and it was the best beef biriyani i ate in my entire life :smiley: i had no time to keep the beef marinated for 1 hour. I kept it for around 10 mins. Rice soaked around half an hour. I had no curd or lemon with me, so added a bit of vinegar. No cashews. Just added the ground coconut paste. I had no fennel or fennel powder. Added a bit more garam masala and home made meat masala

due to that. Still the beef masala tasted so good. I think I could make a beef roast using that recipe. It was that tasty. I made the rice the usual way I make ghee rice. And onion was fried in oil. It turned out so good.